chestnuts

Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #6 chestnuts

Upon reading the prompt for this post my mind went to the opening lines from  Longfellow's work, The Village Blacksmith:
"Under a spreading chestnut tree the village smithy stands;"  

The poetry describes a strong, hard working man with sons and daughters.  A simple man that none the less teaches by the way he lives to those who would see. 

Thanks, thanks to thee, my worthy friend,
  For the lesson thou hast taught!
Thus at the flaming forge of life
  Our fortunes must be wrought;
Thus on its sounding anvil shaped
  Each burning deed and thought!

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

outstretched arms
extending from your body
muscles rippling
aching for that lustiness
under the chestnut tree

©  petra domina



Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, YAM. Of course The Sapphires are my generation of singers. janice

      Delete
  2. Goodness goodness goodness! And yes..in my experience lust is a quality much savoured by womankind..I don't mean the staring or stupid comment or grabbing kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness goodness goodness! And yes..in my experience lust is a quality much savoured by womankind..I don't mean the staring or stupid comment or grabbing kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell's yes! Oops, I lost my Southern Lady cover..... I did not take it as the grabbing kind. I have always said God created and said it was good!

      Delete
  4. Wow Janice what a wonderful tanka so full of romance and lust.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tombstone

candle light

new born