Yellow

Carpe Diem Theme Week #2 Color Your Life: Yellow



Monday's color prompt was yellow.  As we were preparing to leave for Europe for an almost 4 week trip, my muse could not get my attention for yellow.  This morning we awoke to the tragedy in Belgium.  A memory came to my mind that some folks were called yellow cowards at time for not being willing to take chances.  To not be willing to fight in the open.  I think the term yellow coward might well apply to the bombers.  While they are 'fighting' for their cause of world domination, they are ruthless, heartless, yellow cowards.  Hiding behind a cover of service to a cause as a way to injure innocents.

This will be my last post for a while due to the trip.  I love and will miss my haiku family.  Will be checking and commenting when possible.  So sorry I could not arrange to meet our host as we will be in Amsterdam for 4 days.  Our travel will be on a Viking River Longboat.  The muse has given me this thought on this day of departure.

daffodills and tulips
yellow petal hats bobbing
in praise of spring

even the wolf smells their scent
and lies quitely with the lambs

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


Comments

  1. Hari OM
    ...oh for the quieting of the wolf.... safe travels dear 'Petra'... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, thanks for the well wishes, janice xx

      Delete
  2. How beautiful, and how true.
    Have a wonderful trip Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ... yes, I think you are correct ... attacking innocents is so very cowardly ... have a wonderful trip Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a story. I hope you will have a great time in Europe and especially in my country Janice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time in our country!!! Just missed meeting with another blogger as we just did not know about each other's time frames. Would love to have shaared a cup of java or a waffle with you! maybe next time

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tombstone

new ways

candle light