first snow

Carpe Diem #1797 New Beginnings ... First Snow


I grew up in an area that was too far south to get snow 99% of the winters.  I would hardly freeze.  Then I met a man who grew up in the hills of Missouri.  Within a few years of our marriage we moved to his home town.  Our first winter there were six weeks where the temperature never reached 32℉, 0℃.  It snowed.  We did not have a sleigh so I used a paint roller pan to pull my two year old son around our yard.  I loved the snow.  Especially the early morning quiet of a snowfall.

morning breaks
winter's bleakness hidden
first snow

© petra domina


Such a great place to enjoy haiku and other forms of Japanese poetry.  Be sure to visit Chèvrefeuille's Carpe Diem Haiku Kai to see what you can learn about this unique form of poetry.

Comments

  1. Back in the eighties, not long after my daughter was born, I was living in the wilds of Ireland. We got snowed in, it was right to the top of the roof, and had no sled. We did something similar with the lid of an old trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Oh yes, winter has its beauty and it is white! I too love the silence that comes upon the world when snow falls. We get so little of it now... 'warming' has ensure it nearly always falls as rain. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

new ways

tombstone

A Trip Along Memory Lane