chasing a fly

Carpe Diem #1677 Troiku Month (6) Chasing A Fly


I need for you to go read the original challenge post to fully appreciate the genius of Chèvrefeuille.  He has been my inspiration and guide in the way of haiku.  Thanks be to Chèvrefeuille.

Challenge haiku:

chasing a fly
in silent meditation mode
eyes fixed

© Chèvrefeuille

------------------------------------------------

About 4 decades ago we were sitting in a restaurant with my parents and our young son.  Suddenly our son shouts, "There is a fly in my tea".  Rather than allow him to further disturb the entire restaurant, we all shushed him.  But there was no shushing this young man.  In even a louder voice he yells, "No, really, THERE IS A FLY IN MY TEA."  This time I responded I would get him a new glass of tea.  That calmed him.  If only as a mom I had remained calm and addressed the real problem, a fly in his tea, there would have been no further interruptions.

chasing a fly
dog bouncing across the yard
snapping jaws

meditative silence
move through space on silky wings
weightless

fixed eyes
watching
being

© petra domina



Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yes, I like you who broke these lines and took them away! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, YAM. Hope you are getting rested from the trip. janice xx

      Delete
  2. LOL - oh, that first stanza? perfectly captures the moment, which, from an observer's point of view, is often, to be blunt, hysterically funny; my dogs are classic for this, given how buggy it gets here - and although I appreciate how annoying it is, I always end up laughing uncontrollably.

    lovely interpretation Janice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

new ways

tombstone

neighborhood of colors