love is in the air

Carpe Diem #1809 Wedding Bells


Today's challenge is to write a choka.  Here is our host's explanation:

"The choka can be of almost any length, because its form depends on alternating phrases (or lines) containing either seven of five sound units (onji). The end of the poem is signaled by two lines of seven sounds. So the form is five/seven, five/seven, five seven, .... , seven/seven."


when my love is near
the sight of him fills my heart
my soul is engulfed
with the love seen in his eyes
my life is better
because of his presence now
rapture in his finger's touch

© petra domina

Thank to Chèvrefeuille for his dedication to haiku and this Kai!


Comments

  1. Romantic and well-written - I can relate to this poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long term relationships certainly breed these words for poets.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    So sweet - form and sentiment!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sappy but it is nearing Valentine and Hubby is a real sweet, kind and thoughtful guy. He has been such a help when I cannot seem to do what I need to do. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

new ways

tombstone

neighborhood of colors