Photo-shopping Haiku "Camellia" (Yosa Buson)

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #104 Photo-shopping Haiku "Camellia" (Yosa Buson)


Illustrated version of Basho's "Narrow Road Into The Deep North" with haiga by Buson
Here is the haiku to "photo-shop":

tama-suri-no zayu ni hiraku tsubaki kana

Unfolding at the
hand of the glass polisher:
a camellia!

© Buson (1716-1784)

Any one who visited my different blogs may be aware that I worked in and around computer graphics for decades.  Once I retired I took on the project of scanning my mother's many photos.  I began using photoshop to repair the damages to photos.  Missing parts, speckles, mildew damage, etc. were removed, added or repaired.  Thirteen years has seen an improvement in my use of the photoshop tools.  Sometimes nothing more than straighten the photo is all that is needed.  Can I improve or slightly adjust Buson's haiku?  We shall see.

Unfolding in the
hand of the glass polisher:
a camellia!

Buson & petra domina


Thanks to our marvelous master, Chèvrefeuille at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Comments

  1. A tiny facet has made a difference, Janice. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. Thanks for commenting. janice

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    ...proving the importance of words and their placement! An honourable photoshop! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

new ways

tombstone

A Trip Along Memory Lane