Captives

This summer of 2023 has been brutally hot many days.  The excessive heat has been the second highest in recorded history world wide.  Read more here.  The heat at Camp Mabry, the nearest official weather station to me, averaged the following:

  • June 2023     -   97.9℉  36.6℃  (5 days above 100℉)        historical average - 89℉  31.6℃
  • July 2023      - 103.5℉  39.7℃  (6 days below 100℉)        historical average - 97℉  36.1℃
  • August 2023 - 104.9℉  40.5℃  (2 days below 100℉)        historical average - 96℉  35.5℃ 
prisoners 
held captive by sun's blaze
oil barons

parched lips mouth prayers
blessed fall

© petra domina



Comments

  1. I think this blog needs some technical editing. Too dark and hence not legible. Or is it some problem of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Jan, for first time I am reading this on my phone and not laptop... like Tom, I find the screen darkened. However, I have the answer...it is because the mobile format uses the background colour of the blog template. To lighten this your need to go to template and alter the shade.

    That said, by enlarging, I was able to read...and appreciate the haiku. YAM XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

new ways

tombstone

A Trip Along Memory Lane