desire

Carpe Diem Theme Week 4 (3) Latifa Prayer "I desire"


Full inspirational post is here.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

cold winter night
dreaming about the coming of spring -
cherry trees blooming
© Chèvrefeuille

In this haiku the desire for spring is the leading theme. After the long cold winter I (
Chèvrefeuille) am longing for spring and of course spring starts (at least for me) as my old Sakura in the backyard starts to bloom.
Introduction:
The second line of the Latifa Prayer is "I desire" and with that line you open your thoughts for your desires and become aware of them. What are your desires? 
My Response
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
I desire, I want.  , give it to me. no it is mine. mine, Mine. MINE...  For so many years desire was more about wanting to be wanted by someone, being desirable.  Desiring to be appreciated for talents one displayed.  Always short of the mark.  Or was the mark unconsciously moved higher and higher so that the desire was never satisfied?  Maybe it is the 'I desire' that drives commerce for without desires of things, there is no market.  Does that apply to our haiku writing?  If no one were to read would we still write?

noisy muses
desiring to be heard
poetry hounds

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Love your 'take' on this!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM, YAM
      Desire can become all consuming. Then one never moves beyond that consuming fire.

      Delete
  2. love your prose and haiku :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tombstone

new ways

candle light